DAUGHTERS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION
Library Donation Form
INSTRUCTIONS AND GUIDELINES FOR DONATION OF BOOKS OR MATERIALS
In order to donate a book, periodical, microform or other genealogical or historical materials in your possession to the DAR Library, please follow these steps:
- Click the button to “Open Donation Form.”
- Complete all of the information on the donation form pertaining to the materials you wish to donate.
- Submit the Donation Form for approval by the Library Acquisitions staff.
- Watch for an email from the DAR Library regarding the status of your Donation.
- If the email states that your Donation is approved, follow the instructions in that email to send your book or materials to the DAR Library.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact LibraryAcquisitions@dar.org.
GUIDELINES FOR DONATION OF MATERIALS
- Remember to wait for the approval email before mailing the materials to the Library.
- Donations of journals, newsletters, magazines or other items published as a periodical or serial (items published monthly, quarterly, annually, etc), must include all issues for the year and/or volume in order to receive chapter book credit.
- Materials that duplicate items in the existing Library collection cannot be accepted.
- If you wish to make a monetary donation towards the purchase of books for the Library, please visit the Library Wish List.
- If you are a DAR member and want your Chapter and State to receive credit for this donation, be sure to enter your chapter information in the designated field(s) on the donation form. If you do not select a chapter, no book credit(s) will be awarded for this donation.
TYPES OF DONATIONS THE LIBRARY NEEDS
Books, maps, microforms, and periodicals in the following subject areas are acceptable for donation:
- Genealogy and family history
- Local history, record abstracts, etc
- State history, record abstracts, etc
- U.S. history, record abstracts, etc
- Histories of the Revolutionary War era
- Biographies of major figures in U.S. history
- U.S. women’s history
- Records and histories of religious groups and denominations; church histories
- Historical and genealogical periodicals, newsletters, journals, yearbooks, etc
- Histories and genealogies pertaining to ethnic groups in America
- Native American history and genealogy
The DAR Library cannot
accept the following types of materials:
- Historical fiction
- Illustrated historical calendars
- State or chapter yearbooks/directories
- Children’s books